Thursday, November 24, 2011

Necessarily Cliched Thanksgiving Post

Sometimes I feel like cheese is coming out of my ears. Kind of like interviews - I hate job interviews because I feel so fake. Name a time when you were a successful part of a team. For a college job interview I once told the story of being on a football team and leading us to the win because that question totally had me stumped. I hate football and it never happened. I think those questions are just to see how fast you can think on your feet/lie successfully.

But I am thankful. No lies, I am thankful beyond words. But I'll try anyways.

I'm so thankful to be surrounded by people who I care about and care about me. That I get to spend as much time as I do with the people who are most important to me. I think back to a place I was in my life long ago and how I wished all this time away, even dreaded the fact that time kept going. I just didn't know how good it was going to get! I'm so glad I am where I am.

I'm thankful that although it may not be exactly where I want to be, we have a warm place to live and that it is enough, and could always be enough if need be.

I'm thankful that my child has never gone hungry. That although it drives me insane, he has the freedom to be picky, and feels that there is so little worry about food that he can throw it on the ground for the dog to eat when he's done.

I'm thankful that we don't really have to worry about money. That I do not have to worry about how we're going to pay the bills, that we can buy something if we really want it, and we're able to put money away every month. I'm so thankful to have a job, even if I had to answer silly interview questions to get it!




No comments:

Post a Comment