Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Random Randomness

I'm in a post-Song of Ice and Fire series funk. I read all five of the books in record time and now I have to wait like everyone else to find out what happens in the next book (books?). I am always kind of lost when I finish reading an especially engrossing book and I'm not sure what to read next. Although this one has an HBO series that started last year which I've heard is awesome and I can't wait to watch. Chris would probably argue that I should take a break and maybe have some conversations with him in the evenings. Maybe it wouldn't hurt too bad...for a few weeks anyways.

The weather has been awesome around here lately. Crisp and sunny.

However, the leaves have not yet let go of their branches. Raking is an exercise in futility because all the leaves we remove blow back to their original places in about 2 hours. I'm hoping it waits a little longer to snow so we can get one more round of leaves out of our yard.

My 32nd birthday is this Friday and it's strangely hitting me harder than 30 did. 30 & 31 are just dipping your toes in the 30's. 32 is solidly implanted in 30 year old territory. It won't bother me for long - I don't let aging do that. The alternative is worse.

I have been on a chocolate covered pretzel habit for the past week. I finally glanced at the package that I had been finishing in one to two sittings and found out it's actually five servings in that little package. Five servings is over 600 calories. I'm not sure it's worth that price. Maybe it will become a once a month treat instead of twice a week.

We went to the Children's Museum a couple weeks ago and it was awesome. What is not so awesome is that it's closed on Monday's all winter because Monday is my day off of work. I sure hope my child likes to play in the snow. I'm going to have to get creative with outings to keep us both from losing our damned minds.

I'm ridiculously excited for this weekend but I'm sure going to miss my baby. We're getting a babysitter Friday night to go see The Hold Steady play downtown. Saturday night my parents are taking me out to dinner and a comedy show while Eliot will be watched by my mother in law. This weekend is highly needed and terribly overdue.

We are officially on hold for any buying or selling of houses until spring. I have made my peace with that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment