Sunday, December 6, 2009

On Hoarding

Chris and I cleaned out the soon to be nursery a couple of weeks ago. There was quite a bit of weird stuff in the closet saved from previous apartments or wherever that we finally just decided to get rid of. Everyone has spots like these, full of stuff you're not using but is too "precious" to throw away.
We are fairly neat people. We barely ever have clutter, and when we do it drives one of us nuts and we'll put it away.
So. Have you seen the show Hoarders? It's on A&E (I think) and I love it. Well, more specifically I love to watch Chris watch it. The premise of the show is that there are these people who basically have this last chance to unclutter their house. And these are not just normal messy houses, they are not even 3 college boys sharing a house bad. These are serious mental problems hoarders. They do NOT want to get rid of the stuff. We watched one where the guy could only use 1 room and a path in his house, and they tried to get him to throw away some magazines sitting on the stairs. He insisted he had to go through every one first to make sure there wasn't anything important in there he wanted to keep. Seriously. Talk about can't see the forest for the trees. Chris watching this show is the best entertainment ever. He starts to itch, says he has to leave, comes back to watch more of the show, throws curses at the people, identifies things he needs to throw away, and then finally takes a shower...to cleanse himself. It's like the 7 stages of grief or something. Only there's 6.
So yes, 13 weeks this week! I'm feeling a ton better, although not perfect, but it's definitely something to celebrate. We had our early u/s scan and it went really well. We got to see the baby flipping and moving and generally acting like a little acrobat. It was the most amazing thing we've ever seen. I can't believe I can't feel all that movement in there, and I can't wait until I can. They said they're 90% sure it's a boy, and we are so excited. A son. Wow. It made it just that much more real to me to give the baby a gender...of course we're waiting until the January 12th to find out for sure if it is a boy, but I think we're going to have a little boy. 2010...if everything goes right, the year of my sons birth. It's gonna be great.
Oh baby, whatever you are, I love you so much. You are so very wanted and I hope that your dad and I can raise you right and instill in you all the values that are important to us. I can't wait to meet you and show you the world. You're going to love it kid!
I've moved on to more maternity pants now. They're nice, but still a little big on me. My belly is noticeable only if you knew me from before. To most people I just look like I have a bit of a belly. My cravings have subsided quite a bit. I still love milk and ice cream, but I don't NEED it like I did before. My energy is soaring. I went running the other day almost all the way around the lake and I've been staying up past 9. It feels great. We're doing great.

No comments:

Post a Comment