Sunday, December 13, 2009

Five and Dime

December 11th, 2009 - five years married, 10 years with Chris and 14 weeks pregnant with the speck. There's something special about the number five, five fingers on each hand or foot, 10 fingers and toes total. We'll be counting someone's fingers and toes soon. We celebrated with a trip to Italy (which I still mean to write an update about) in October. I can't believe I've been married as long as we dated...time has begun accelerating at an amazing pace. I never imagined I'd be here when I started dating Chris...not that I thought it wouldn't last, but I just didn't think this far ahead. I love Chris more every year and have never been so comfortable with anyone. I'm so glad I found you and I'm so glad we made it here.
For our actual anniversary we went to a place called Ngon Vietnamese Bistro (and no, I don't know how to pronounce that). It's an organic vietnamese bistro and it was REALLY GOOD. I had steak and potatoes (yea, at a vietnamese restaurant, but whatever, they offered it) and Chris had the duck. For dessert? Ginger creme brulee. Yum. It was a nice low-key evening.
We have almost completely finished our xmas shopping and I am so excited about some of the gifts we've gotten people!! I love xmas, and I love getting people gifts they enjoy. It's one of the best feelings!
So this week? It's been good. I'm feeling so much better and have had quite a bit more energy. I still have moments, especially if I don't eat, but it's overall much better. Nothing too exciting to report this past week, I'm looking forward to feeling the baby move and we've been trying to plan what we need to do with the nursery, the basement, and what we're going to need for the speck. There's a lot of research to do, but Chris seems to think we'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment