Friday, October 30, 2009

8 Weeks

I am horrified by the smell of the Halloween potluck down the hall from my office. I will puke on you party-goers. Beware. And stop bothering me about coming down, I really can't get any closer without a gas mask. Damn me for not thinking about that for my costume before!!!


So yes, more first trimester misery. Tired, sick, anxious, moody (Hi Chris! How's that going for ya?!), pudgy, and yet nobody knows. I had my first doctor visit this month, and have my second ultrasound scheduled for next Monday. I cannot wait. I have had multiple breakdowns this week of the pre-parenting FAIL variety, and have cried to Live's "Lightning Flashes" on the way to work. Yes, it is that bad. On Thursday I forgot to ask if the useless seasonal flu shot contained thimersol before they stuck it in my arm and into my baby's blood supply - so I called Chris sobbing about 3 hours after the doctor appointment - and he so rationally suggested I call the doctor and find out if it was in there. After explaining to the receptionist what thimersol was, she was able to find out that no, they don't even carry the shots with thimersol in them. Safe, but I obviously have not gotten this whole question thing down yet. They had the H1N1 shot, but are only giving it to pregnant women over 32 weeks, so hopefully my fellow coworkers use their time off and don't come into work sick. Chris has been a trooper, we are only 8 weeks in and I have put him through a lot, and he is taking everything I dish out with a "thank you, can I have another." I know I will feel better as long as this ultrasound shows a normal heartbeat.



On to our weekly update!



How far along: 8 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Wow, I didn't realize this, but I gained about 5 pounds. Although sometimes scales are off by that much. Right? Reassurance here!
Maternity clothes: Some of my clothes are tighter, I'm not rushing out to the stores yet.
Stretch Marks: Not looking forward to this.
Sleep: Yup, still tired. But now I have started waking up for about 2-3 hours every night and I'm unable to get back to sleep. FUN!
Best moment last week: Holding Erin and Josh's 1 week old baby. I cannot believe that I will create something that helpless and that precious! I am scared to bring a baby that small home!
Movement: Apparently the baby started making movements this week. Go baby! Can't wait until I know you're there!!!
Cravings: Grapefruit. Bagels & Cream Cheese. Warm peanut butter cookies with vanilla ice cream. Hell's Kitchen peanut butter on toast.
Labor Signs: This question is dumb.
Belly Button in or out: Ditto for now.
What I miss: Energy. Working out. Sleeping on my stomach.
What I am looking forward to: Hearing the baby's heartbeat I hope I hope I hope!!!
Milestones: First doctor's appointment was this week - it took forever. Glad to have it out of the way though. Once a month until week 30! I thought I was being so smart and had written down all my questions for my first appointment, and I forgot the whole notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment