Saturday, October 24, 2009

7 Weeks

So yesterday was actually 7 weeks, but we were travelling all day to St Louis for a wedding. I'm writing this right now in one of those hotel business centers hoping that people don't come in and read everything over my shoulder. I've had a lot more nausea/gaggy/pukey feelings this week, and a lot more nerves. I start to freak out when I'm not nauseous, and then 5 minutes later I'm scoping out trash cans and calculating how much time it would take me to get over there and how embarassing it would be if I did. I have not actually puked yet...and I hope not to at all! This trip is kind of hard, my brother and his girlfriend Liv know I'm pregnant, but nobody else does. So I can't drink and I'm exhausted and a little moody and it only makes sense to some of the people around me. This week my baby is the size of a blueberry! And has little paddles for hands and feet!!! How freaking cute is that?! I waver between knowing everything is going to be fine, and oh my god everything is not fine...why don't they sell home ultrasound equipment?!?! Also, I have watched entirely too many "Baby Story" type shows on TLC - because how cute are those floppy soft little babies - but oh my god that baby is going to come out of my vagina. Seriously.



And on that note, on with the weekly update!



How far along: 7 weeks 1 day

Total weight gain/loss: 2 pounds lost! Take that Italy! Remove me from the influence of gelato and the weight just melts off. Has nothing to do with the fact that cookies induce nausea now.

Maternity clothes: Nope nope nope. I'm getting a little bloated belly though. Not too worried about it yet.

Stretch Marks: Not yet.

Sleep: Am Exhausted. I'm considering telling work early after my appointment next week confirming everything is fine. I just don't have the energy...for anything. I want to sleep all the time, and Chris is being awesome. He's totally taking care of me...because I come home from work, plop myself on the couch, and basically don't move.

Best moment last week: Hmmmm...actually making it out of the house for a run/walk around the lake with my puppy. I'm not supposed to get out of breath so we're scaling back our workouts, but I was so proud of myself for making it out of the house. GO ME!

Movement: Does gas count?

Cravings: Grapefruit. I love you grapefruit.

Labor Signs: Nothing yet, and we're keeping it that way!

Belly Button in or out: In.

What I miss: Still with the pooping. Hopefully all this fruit I'm craving will work it's magic.

What I am looking forward to: Hearing the baby's heartbeat next week. I will hopefully have an u/s next Thursday!!!

Milestones: This little peanut has an appendix now - an utterly useless organ, but there it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment