Friday, October 16, 2009

6 Weeks

So I'm not posting these, just saving them. I want to document this pregnancy week by week, but if The Worst were to happen, I don't want to have to explain it to everyone! So yes, I'm PREGNANT!! Baby was conceived on September 18th, 2009 and it's estimated due date is June 11th, 2010. It was a total surprise. I found out the day before we left for Italy, so this kid already has impeccable timing (no wine or unpasteurized cheese for me!). I didn't mind one bit though. We have been trying for a baby for 13 months. I was about to start fertility treatments because of some conditions that I have, when we unexpectedly conceived naturally! This baby is very wanted, it's our little miracle baby. I keep telling it that it has to stick in there, because there's no other baby competition out there in my family and this kid is going to be spoiled rotten. I found this update thing to keep track of your pregnancy week by week and I think it looks like fun. If it's TMI for you, then don't read it!



How far along: 6 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Truthfully, I don't know. I've been scared to weigh myself after getting back from vacation. I have never eaten so much pizza in my life and I'm sure it's done a number to my numbers already.
Maternity clothes: Not even close. Although I noticed it's a little uncomfortable when I wear tight pants. Baby needs its room!
Stretch Marks: None to speak of, I'm expecting a lot :(
Sleep: Lots of naps. Not only am I recovering from jet lag, but I'm creating life and all. I feel tired almost all the time! I did have a little trouble staying asleep last night, but logged 9 hours total after falling back asleep.
Best moment last week: Telling my parents and brother! I have never seen my mom so excited, it was one of the best moments of my life.
Movement: Nada. There's a whole lot of zinging little feelings going on down there though!
Cravings: Hmmm...in Italy I wanted Gelato all the time, but food is starting to get kind of weird. Not sure if I'm coming down with something or if I'm going to end up with morning sickness. I'm hoping it's all in my head?
Labor Signs: Dear god no, we are hoping for another 34 weeks here!
Belly Button in or out: In.
What I miss: I missed out on drinking wine in Italy, and caprese salad. Oh, and pooping. I miss pooping.
What I am looking forward to: Getting to 12-14 weeks so I can tell people and feel like this is really going to happen!
Milestones: My baby's got a heartbeat! (Haven't heard it yet, but that's what all the literature says!)

No comments:

Post a Comment