Friday, March 30, 2012

We're Really Doing This

We're moving. We've made an offer on a house, had an inspection, have a closing date. And we are not selling our current home. I'm so scared. This is the riskiest financial move we have ever made. Probably the riskiest thing I've done with my credit or reputation since Chris and I moved into an apartment together when I was 20 and he was 19 and we had been dating for only 6 months. What was I thinking? That ended well though...so maybe I need to take more risks. I can't believe I'm going to be a landlord. Please give me some nice, quiet, easy tenants. We will actually be making money. But we are now responsible for two houses worth of maintenance. Two houses worth of quirks and things that go wrong or break. I feel like we've fixed damn near everything in our current house at least once, sometimes twice. I hope that the houses can stay in good shape for the next couple years. I hope.

But when I think of the space that we're gaining, and the 3 car garage Chris will have, and that Eliot will have his own room so that I can get into my pajamas somewhere other than our living room and I can plant a garden and there are woods and good schools and little boys right next door and we'll have a play room and a guest room and more room than we'll know what to do with right now....I can't help but be excited and think this is the right decision for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment