Sunday, May 2, 2010

34 weeks and I have been sick for what seems like forever

Siiiiiicccckkkkkk. I've been sick for 3 weeks now. It may be some sort of cold, but most likely it's allergies. You can't really take anything when you're pregnant. I think the nurse recommended tylenol. Just plain tylenol. Awesome. Sleeping with a cold that you can't medicate while you're pregnant is not something I'd recommend to anyone. Especially not for 3 weeks straight. Truthfully, I'm scared to even say this, but I'm feeling a little bit better today. Not great, just better. So I haven't been to yoga in 3 weeks, I haven't really done much of anything physical these last 3 weeks. I missed a La Leche League meeting I wanted to attend because I was sick. They have another one next Monday. I really hope I can make that one! We did attend an infant/child cpr class though. If my baby chokes I can confidently scream for help.
Let's see. I'm very pregnant looking now, but the camera is in the other room and pictures will have to wait. We bought a really cool bicycle poster for the baby's room. We DECIDED on a name. We did! This baby's going to have a name and I like it. Work has been really tough lately. I'm tired again, not feeling well, and kind of looking forward to just being able to focus on baby for a while. Did you know that most babies born between 34-37 weeks have no long term effects from prematurity?! That is awesome to know. I am so thankful to have made it this far.
I think that's it this week. My brain doesn't work so good lately - blame baby.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're feeling so lousy, but it's great that you have gotten so far in your pregnancy. Hang in there, the pollen should decrease soon and let you breathe more easily... I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is only about a month late - but thanks for the well-wishing! I am feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete