Friday, January 15, 2010

Weeks 18 & 19

I blame work. I was unable to post last week because I was working. I'm a little tired with the whole working, home stuff, and CREATING LIFE ya know. Sheesh.

Last week though! Not much happened but Chris painted the entire nursery!! YAY NESTING! So we have a new light, the nursery is painted, and another carpet guy is coming tomorrow for an estimate. We'll see how that goes. We're supposed to go buy either our crib, dresser, or rocker this weekend too. Things are falling into place!

We also had our big ultrasound this week - it's definitely a boy! The ultrasound went well...they did find something on his heart that can be a soft marker for downs syndrome, but the dr explained that since I had the NT scan and my risk came back 1/10,000, he thinks it's nothing. THANK GOD I HAD THAT SCAN. Or really, I'd be a mess. I'm still kind of a mess from it, but not as bad as it could be. But the baby looks great! He's moving all the time - speaking of which, the same night we had our ultrasound, Chris felt the baby kick! TWICE! It was one of the coolest moments of my life...Chris seemed impressed but not like I expected. Most guys do to me though. The rest of the week was pretty uneventful, I've been researching decorations and baby stuff and working on not freaking out about daycare. Sometimes I sing to the baby, or talk to him...I hope he likes that. Poor thing is captive.

I still look just....kind of pregnant. Like people look at my belly (I see them) but it's still not obvious to say anything. It's funny to watch...there's a skit about not asking a women if she's pregnant unless you can see the baby coming out of her...it's probably smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment