Sunday, September 5, 2010

One more week - back to work.

So although I'm having a hard time grappling with the fact that I have to go back to work, I'm trying to think of the good. There are positives to this maternity leave ending.
  • Daytime TV sucks, and when I'm home and Eliot is eating...that's all there is to do. I won't miss the TV at all.
  • Eliot will get to cultivate an amazing relationship with his grandparents. It's going to be awesome for all of them.
  • I miss the people at work, and I look forward to seeing them regularly!
  • I love Eli to death, but I do get a little bored sometimes. Infants are not known as great conversationalists. Winter would probably compound the boredness by a million since we spend a lot of time outside right now.
  • Eliot will get to meet other kids. He loves watching bigger kids play, and hopefully this will make him less shy as he grows since he has no siblings.
  • I'll be able to go to the bathroom without the fear of someone starting to scream and need my attention mid-stream.
  • Eli will be more used to taking a bottle, which means that I'll be able to leave the house more confidently. Right now he will take one, but sometimes nursing is the only answer. It will be nice to get out and know that he'll be ok without me.
  • I need an excuse to put on makeup and wear pants that don't have elastic waistbands. I miss getting myself ready!
  • I'm going back part time. More balance, 3 day weekends.

Believe me, there's a whole list of negatives staring me in the face that I'm not listing here - only the good stuff today. I'll miss my little bug like crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment